Here is a list of some helpful tools that Jessica recommends to help you in your writing career:
- Save the Cat – Novel Calculator – Automatically calculate the page counts or word counts for each of the 15 Save the Cat1 “beats” using this handy Google sheet!
- Writer’s Market – an online directory of agents, publishers, paid writing jobs, and more! Plus tools, advice, and industry news! This is where Jessica found her first agent.
- Publisher’s Marketplace – Keep track of what’s going on in the publishing industry, including book deal announcements, editor acquisitions, publishing house operations, job openings, and more.
- Stan’s Tech Garage – Writers don’t have time to deal with computer crashes, viruses, and annoying upgrades. Jessica calls on the helpful people at Stan’s Tech Garage for all her IT issues. They even fix computers over the internet!
- Multi Designs – Jessica uses Nicki Hart at Multi Designs for the creation of all her fun promotional swag, like book marks, posters, book plates, book samplers, and business cards. Tell her Jessica Brody sent you!
- Hanee Designs – These are the awesome people who are responsible for Jessica’s kick-ass website. They’re fabulous, affordable, and do excellent work!
- Royal Digital Studio – Jessica works with Caitlin O’Brient for online and social media marketing. Tell her Jessica Brody sent you!
- Evernote – Jessica loves Evernote for keeping track of all of her book research and notes and being able to access it from all her devices.
- Save the Cat! Software – Jessica uses this software instead of traditional index cards to help manage her novel outlines, especially within the Save the Cat! Plotting methodology!
- Dropbox – Never worry about losing your manuscript file again. Jessica uses Dropbox to sync her files on multiple computers (including her phone and ipad) and to make sure the important stuff is always backed up.