DO YOU DREAM OF…
- Selling your novel to a major publisher?
- Getting paid to write?
- Becoming a published author?
- Seeing your book on the shelf of bookstores around the world?
- Getting your novel in front of movie producers and Hollywood studio execs?
This course will teach you exactly how to accomplish all of this…and more.
In this comprehensive, one-of-a-kind course, bestselling author Jessica Brody shares her secrets of success for writing, pitching, and achieving all of your publishing goals. The road to publication can be a very long, daunting and complicated process with plenty of opportunities to get lost, frustrated and make mistakes that could cost you weeks, even months of wasted time and effort.
In this course, Jessica puts you on the fast-track to selling your novel by laying out a simple, straightforward path to publication, complete with exercises, templates, and tools that will guide you through each step of the process.
Whether you’ve already finished a novel, you’re currently working on one, or you’ve been itching to start writing one for months (or even years!), this course will give you the knowledge, insight, and edge that you need to jump start your novel-selling journey.
With over twenty book contracts from major publishers to date, Jessica Brody packs her 12+ years of publishing industry experience into one easy-to-follow course.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SELF-PUBLISHING COURSE
Self publishing (publishing a book yourself) is a perfectly viable option for many authors, but this specific course is about traditional publishing. Or in other words, how to sell your novel to a major publisher.
But what exactly is traditional publishing? And what does it mean to sell your novel to a publisher?
These are just some of the benefits of traditional publishing:
- Getting paid up-front for your book.
- No required out-of-pocket expenses incurred by you throughout the entire publishing process.
- Working directly with an experienced editor and editorial team to ensure that your novel is the very best quality it can be when it releases to the public.
- Being able to focus almost exclusively on writing – As a traditionally published author, you typically don’t have to deal with the many other facets of the publishing process like marketing, publicity, sales, design, production, or distribution
- A dedicated sales team whose job is to get your book on the shelf of large and small bookstores around the world, which may include giant retailers like Barnes and Noble, Waterstones, Target, WHSmith, Walmart, Chapters, Costco, and grocery stores.
- An in-house book publicist (at no cost to you!) whose job is to set up bookstore signings, festivals, events and possibly even nationwide book tours, as well as securing you TV and radio appearances, interviews, and reviews in local and national publications.
- Being represented by a literary agent who sells your novel to publishers all over the world (This falls under the category of “translation rights” – the right to translate your book in other languages, which is covered extensively in this course)
- Working with film agents in Hollywood to make sure your book has the best possible chance of being adapted for film or television.
This course will teach you how ALL of this (and more!) can be part of your publishing journey.